pub which is a magnet for tourists, this was built by the village
squire in 1690 as a tribute to 'lady luck' with the winnings
from a card game.
to resemble a deck of cards, it was built on a plot of land measuring
52ft x 52ft, has 4 floors (representing the number of suits in
a pack), 13 doors on every floor and 13 fireplaces (number of
cards in a suit), and prior to window tax the panes of glass
in all the windows added up to the total of the numbered cards
in a pack!